Eight more boxers have secured coveted Olympic quota places at the Asia Qualifying Tournament which is taking place at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
It means that 26 of the 34 available quota places on offer at the tournament have now been taken.
Day Nine of the tournament, which started with 237 male and female boxers from 38 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), saw the following athletes secure their place at Paris:
- Women’s 75 kg: Lovlina Borgohain (IND) and Qian Li (CHN).
- Men’s 63.5 kg: Chu En Lai (TPE) and Chinzorig Baatarsukh (MGL).
- Men’s 71 kg: Chia Wei Kan (TPE) and Sewonrets Quincy Mensah Okazawa (JPN).
- Men’s +92kg: Kamshybek Kunkabayev (KAZ) and Bakhodir Jalolov (UZB).
The results mean the countries which have enjoyed most success at the Asia Qualification Tournament in terms of the number of boxers securing quota places for Paris 2024 are:
- China – 5 boxers qualified.
- India – 4 boxers.
- Chinese Taipei – 4 boxers.
- Kazakhstan – 2 boxers.
- Tajikistan – 2 boxers.
- Thailand – 2 boxers.
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea – 2 boxers.
- Mongolia – 2 boxers.
- Uzbekistan – 2 boxers.
- Japan – 1 boxer.
The final eight Olympic quota places will be awarded today (Tuesday).
Details of the draw and results of all the action from the Asia Qualification Tournament can be viewed here: https://boxing.athlete365.org/boxing-road-to-paris-2024/asia-qualification-tournament/
Details of the daily schedules and how to watch the action can be viewed at: https://olympics.com/en/news/asian-games-2023-boxing-preview-full-schedule-watch-live
Keep up with World Boxing news, results, photos, and videos through the official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages: